WEIGHTED BLANKETS FOR SENSORY WELLNESS
SCROLL DOWN & CLICK THE IMAGES BELOW TO LEARN MORE
Weighted blankets are products that can help people achieve a better and more restful sleep. They are blankets that have extra weight added to them, usually by using beads, pellets, or other materials that are sewn into pockets or layers. They can weigh anywhere from 5 to 30 pounds, depending on the size and preference of the user. Weighted blankets can provide many benefits for people who suffer from various conditions or challenges that affect their sleep quality and quantity. Some of these benefits are:
- They can simulate the feeling of being hugged or cuddled, which can trigger the release of hormones such as oxytocin and serotonin. These hormones can promote relaxation, happiness, and bonding, as well as reduce stress, anxiety, and depression.
- They can also provide deep pressure stimulation, which is a type of sensory input that can calm the nervous system and regulate the arousal level. This can help with conditions such as insomnia, restless legs syndrome, ADHD, autism, or PTSD.
- They can also improve the blood circulation and oxygen delivery to the muscles and tissues, which can relieve pain and inflammation. They can also help with conditions such as fibromyalgia, arthritis, or chronic pain.
- They can also create a cozy and comfortable sleeping environment that can block out unwanted noises and light. They can also help with temperature regulation, as they are breathable and do not trap heat.
- The intended use and frequency of the blanket. For example, if you need a blanket for occasional use or temporary relief, you may opt for a simple or removable cover that is easy to wash and dry. If you need a blanket for regular use or long-term support, you may prefer a durable or integrated cover that is suitable for your needs.
- The physical abilities and limitations of the user. For example, if you have trouble lifting or moving the blanket, you may choose a blanket that has a lighter weight or a smaller size that fits your body. If you have sensitive skin or allergies, you may select a blanket that has a natural or hypoallergenic fill and cover.
- The personal preferences and budget of the user. For example, if you want a blanket that matches your comfort and style, you may look for a blanket that has a soft or firm fill and a smooth or textured cover. If you want a blanket that fits your budget and quality standards, you may compare the prices and features of different blankets.